ji-jah" is what Elijah's cousin, Luke, calls him. It is so cute. We were over at their house last night for Easter dinner. Luke is almost exactly 2 years older than Elijah and he was taking good care of his cousin - holding him, giving him toys, giving him his paci, etc. Too cute.
Today, we stayed home and caught up on some rest - I have been sick (again) :(. I think I caught it from my son! Anyways, it was nice to be able to have a day to stay in the warm house and not have to get dressed up and do anything. My head, throat and ears have been hurting - I am hoping that I will feel better in the morning. Thankfully, I think Elijah is better now - he is almost done with his antibiotic (maybe I need one, too!).
It's funny because whenever Elijah gets upset, we say "Elias,..."or we start singing in spanish not english. His favorites are "Salta mi conejito" ("Jump my little bunny")& "I'm in the Lord' Army" (Spanish Version). I just think its funny that we refer to him &/or sing to him in Spanish when he is upset. hahaha. It's like when your mom uses your full name when your in trouble - remember that? Oh boy. Someone the other day asked us if we ever call him Eli. We definitely don't. To us, it just doesn't fit him - at least not yet. Its not that we don't like that name, we think it is a really cute name, and when he gets older it might work for him. But, we just haven't ever called him that yet.
Lots of other thoughts to write about - but it's time to go to bed! Hope you all have a great week! I will leave with this verse that has been on my heart. I pray it will encourage someone as it has encouraged me!
Philippians 4:6-7 (Contemporary English Version)
6 Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. 7 Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel.
4 comments:
hope you feel better soon!
I still remember in Peru when Sam told u that u would marry a spanish man one day! well look what happened! and now u have ur own lil spanish baby too:) how cute!?...so is Jess really going to have a baby too?
I remember that too, Lisa! :) I have always held on the promise "for I know the plans that I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." And, HE did!!! :) God is so good to us, isn't He? I am so thankful for the wonderful family and friends he has blessed me with!
And, yep Jess is going to have a baby, too! :) Due right near little elijah's bday. :) can you believe it?
all these babies everywhere!
thanks, kim! I went to the doctor on thursday and got a prescription so i am starting to feel better now! :)
Post a Comment